A group of seven of our staff are taking part in The Cotswold Way Challenge on 29th & 30th June, walking 100km from Bath to Cheltenham, in memory of our dear friend and colleague, Dawn Wheeler and to raise funds for the Critical Care Unit at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Any donation, however big or small, will make a difference to the fantastic work this unit does and will be very much appreciated. Should you wish to find out more and donate, please click on the Go Fund Me logo. Thank you for your support!
Welcome to our school!
It is an absolute privilege to be the Headteacher of Longlevens Junior School, a place where every member of our community is valued and respected. At LJS we aim to:
- Create a vibrant, inclusive and safe learning environment (both inside and out of the classroom) where children and staff develop their skills and love of learning
- Have the highest expectations in all we do and celebrate the achievements of everything and everyone
- Enable children to discover and develop their unique talents and encourage a resilient and 'can do attitude'
- Encourage an atmosphere of mutual respect and celebrate the rich and diverse world in which we live
- Ensure children have the opportunities to explore, investigate and learn through a Creative Curriculum that brings the real world into the classroom
- Have fun!
As I welcome you to our website, which will give you a flavour of school life, I also invite you to visit and see for yourselves all the exciting learning opportunities that our children experience everyday. Our school values of respect, resilience, courage, compassion, spirit and happiness underpin all we do and the high expectations we set for ourselves are reflected in our school motto of 'Aim High - Be the best you can be!'
We also know that the best learning takes place as a result of a close partnership between school and home and I look forward to joining you and your family in supporting your child as they continue on their journey through school.
With best wishes,
“The school provides pupils with a wide and interesting range of subjects, topics and experiences which ensures that pupils enjoy their learning.”